Monday, August 15, 2011

Book Review - " Tales from the Crib" by Jennifer Coburn

Ok...first off, I am very discriminating as a reader. I have been an avid reader since I first learned how, 25 yrs ago, and there are, sadly, many many books that I stop reading a few chapters into them, for one reason or another. This book, tales from the crib, never even made me come close to putting it down. It quite simply is the best book I have read in some time. I immediately felt bonded with the main character...and truly felt her ups and downs. The pages just flew by, I almost cried a few times, and snickered or laughed out loud many many times. The author puts so many small things into this story that helped me, as a reader, to get more involved, care more, and remember the story as unique and standing out among so many other chick lit books and authors.

Jennifer Coburn does the most fantastic job of going between side splitting humor, heart touching moments, and a bit of poignancy here and there that just made me love it more and more with each page, and root for this woman more and more. It has the feeling throughout that she's a good friend of mine, so easy to relate to it appears deceptively simple. Outstanding. My fave authors right now are Jennifer Weiner and Jodi Picoult. Jennifer Coburn just joined them on my short list. I would buy this book again any day. The most important thing that this book has, and that is the test of a truly excellent read: you finish it feeling great, smiling, and yet sad that its over...wishing you could read it again fresh, or had a sequel you could hop right into. This book had that feeling.. i only wish she's written more books for me to read now! absolutely insanely wonderful... 5 stars

1 comment: